Tufts University | Miller and Houston Halls
Miller and Houston Halls, twin residence halls built in 1959 and 1962 respectively, underwent a major renovation to address deferred maintenance, make accessibility and code upgrades, as well as improvements to the student experience.
The residence halls are double loaded corridor buildings with all single and double rooms. The project created new beds as well as common social spaces for students. The renovation also included exterior masonry repairs, curtainwall infill, new roofs, entirely new MEP/FP systems from service entrances to terminal devices, new vertical circulation (elevators and stairs), and new common bathrooms.
This project was a highly phased renovation of two lift-slab buildings included significant hazardous materials abatement and was completed with students in place.BACK TO PROJECTS
- Size: 65,000 SF, 225 beds (each)
- Property Type: Academic Residence Hall Renovation
- Year started/completed: 2018/2019
- Owner/Client: Tufts University
- Architect: Dimella Shaffer
- General Contractor: Consigli Construction
- Project Management