Massachusetts General Hospital | Cambridge Street Project
Leggat McCall Properties is providing project management services for Massachusetts General Hospital on this transformational project intended to satisfy clinical space needs, provide operational improvements, and flexible space to accommodate future operational and clinical change.
This is a complex, urban project surrounded by ongoing operations on MGH’s main campus with a very long project duration. The project requires significant utility enabling prior to the start of construction and will take approximately 8 years from the start of slurry wall to first patient.
The project is using design assist and project collaboration with all major subcontractors, and the new facility is anticipating and incorporating emerging technologies and practice change.
- 13-story inpatient building above ground of approximately 1,111,000 GSF to be constructed on the 4B and Parkman Street Garage parcels and over North Anderson Street
- 6 below grade levels of parking for approximately 1,180 vehicles
- 16 – 20 ORs and Cath/EP labs, imaging, and clinics for exam and infusion
- Approximately 250 medical-surgical beds, 200 ICU beds
- Podium, bridge and/or tunnel connections to existing facilities
- Size: 1,200,000 SF
- Property Type: Multi-Disciplinary Hospital Expansion of the Downtown Campus
- Year started/completed: 2019/Ongoing
- Owner/Client: Massachusetts General Hospital
- Architect: NBBJ
- General Contractor: Turner Construction/Walsh Brothers JV
- Project Management