Bunker Hill Housing Redevelopment
Built in 1940, the existing Bunker Hill Housing development is severely depreciated with many of the buildings in disrepair. These buildings will be replaced with new residential, retail and community space, as well as green spaces and connections to the surrounding Charlestown neighborhood.
The Bunker Hill Housing Redevelopment project, formerly One Charlestown, will create a vibrant, new mixed-income and affordable residential community that works for all Charlestown residents and pays homage to Charlestown’s rich local history.
Construction Projected To Start Early 2021
- Updates announced at Nov. 20, 2019 Meeting: First building constructed revised to be mixed-income; Expanded first phase to minimize off-site relocations for existing BHA residents
- December 2, 2019: On site studies begin
- February 18, 2020: Filed DPIR/DEIR with the BPDA and MEPA
- Early 2020: Article 80/MEPA public process begins; Community workshops/charrettes
- May 2020: Video Update
Learn more at www.bunkerhillhousing.com.BACK TO PROJECTS
- 2,699 units in 16 residential buildings, including 1,010 affordable units
- 70,000 SF of retail and community space
- Maximum building height of 10 stories with lower height buildings along Bunker Hill St. and Medford St.
- Joseph J. Corcoran Company
- Leggat McCall Properties
- Boston Housing Authority (BHA)
- Charlestown Resident Alliance (CRA)