Bunker Hill Housing Redevelopment
Built in 1940, the existing Bunker Hill Housing development is severely depreciated with many of the buildings in disrepair. These buildings will be replaced with new residential, retail and community space, as well as green spaces and connections to the surrounding Charlestown neighborhood.
The Bunker Hill Housing Redevelopment project, formerly One Charlestown, will create a vibrant, new mixed-income and affordable residential community that works for all Charlestown residents and pays homage to Charlestown’s rich local history.
Updates Since May:
- Listened to feedback from May and November meetings and anyone who wanted to sit with us
- Completed various impact studies as required by the 2017 Scoping Determination
- Submitted Draft Project Impact Report/Draft Environmental Impact Report (DPIR/DEIR) to the BPDA and MEPA to initiate the public Article 80 and MEPA review processes
- Revised first building to be mixed-income based on community feedback
- Expanded and relocated open space to improve access and highlight historic nature of the site
- December 2, 2019: On site studies begin
- February 18, 2020: Filed DPIR/DEIR with the BPDA and MEPA
- March 2020: Article 80/MEPA public process begins
- March/April 2020: Community workshops/charrettes
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 – video presentation will be posted to www.bunkerhillhousing.com
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 6:00PM – 8:00PM (online workshop/webinar)
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020, 6:00PM – 8:00PM (online workshop/webinar)
- Fall 2020: Work to begin
Documents:BACK TO PROJECTS
- 2,699 units in 16 residential buildings, including 1,010 affordable units
- 70,000 SF of retail and community space
- Maximum building height of 10 stories with lower height buildings along Bunker Hill St. and Medford St.
- Corcoran Jennison Associates/Joseph J. Corcoran Co.
- Leggat McCall Properties
- Boston Housing Authority (BHA)
- Charlestown Resident Alliance (CRA)