Bunker Hill Housing Redevelopment
Built in 1940, the existing Bunker Hill Housing development is severely depreciated with many of the buildings in disrepair. These buildings will be replaced with new residential, retail and community space, as well as green spaces and connections to the surrounding Charlestown neighborhood.
The Bunker Hill Housing Redevelopment project, formerly One Charlestown, will create a vibrant, new mixed-income and affordable residential community that works for all Charlestown residents and pays homage to Charlestown’s rich local history.
Updates Since May:
- Listened to community feedback
- Revised first building to be mixed-income
- Expanded and relocated open space to improve access and highlight historic nature of the site
- Roadmap and schedule through city and state public process
- December 2, 2019: On site studies begin
- January 31, 2020: Target Article 80/MEPA submission
- February 2020: Article 80/MEPA public process begins
- Early 2020: Community workshops/charrettes
- Fall 2020: Work to begin
Documents:BACK TO PROJECTS
- 2,699 units in 16 residential buildings, including 1,010 affordable units
- 60,000 SF of retail and community space
- Maximum building height of 10 stories with lower height buildings along Bunker Hill St. and Medford St.
- Corcoran Jennison Associates/Joseph J. Corcoran Co.
- Leggat McCall Properties
- Boston Housing Authority (BHA)
- Charlestown Resident Alliance (CRA)